28 June – 09 July 2021
Application deadline: 21 May 2021
11 May to 28 May 2021
Application deadline: 28 March 2021
17 – 21 May 2021
Application deadline: 15 March 2021
21 June – 02 July 2021
Date Application deadline: 31 March 2021
The Ghana Ministry of Defence (MoD) established the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC) in 1998 and commissioned it in 2004. The purpose was to build upon and share Ghana’s five decades of internationally acclaimed experience and competence in peace operations with other states in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) region and the rest of Africa. This was in recognition of the need for training military, police and civilian men and women to meet the changing demands of multidimensional peace operations. The Centre is one of the three (3) Peacekeeping Training Centres of Excellence mandated by the ECOWAS to offer training in peacekeeping and Peace Support Operations (PSO) in Africa.
- KAIPTC’s training courses are delivered according to UN standards and in line with the capacity needs of ECOWAS, the AU, UN and individual states.
- An Outstanding International Reputation.
- Globally recognized as one of the Top Foreign Policy and International Affairs Think-Tanks in the Global Go- To Think Tank Index Report for five consecutive years.
- First and only training Centre in Africa to deliver post-graduate programmes in peace and security.
- Foremost peacekeeping training institution in Africa that uses insights from its research work to inform the selection, design and delivery of professional training courses and academic programmes.
- A friendly, supportive and professional atmosphere.
- January 22, 2021