Job Title : Human Resource Officer
Department : Administration
Reports to : Head of Human Resource
Supervises : HR Assistant
The job holder will support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems. He/She shall provide recommendations on policies and procedures and assist the Human Resource Manager in the performance of the all HR functions. The job holder shall support in HR planning activities, touch base on all relevant issues with the HR manager for appropriate direction and authorization.
- Be actively involved in all the employee recruitment and effective onboarding processes.
- Maintain and update all HR confidential files and documents, both hard and soft copies to ensure they can be tracked easily and are safely stored.
- Input and maintain historical data for employees in the computerized system.
- Update current employee job descriptions file in liaison with appropriate supervisors as changes occur.
- Keep track of employee paperwork and track the resolutions.
- Assist in the planning and execution of staff capacity building programmes to better employee performance and well-being.
- Help create programmes for employee growth and development and help provide the right resources for employees so they can feel supported at work.
- Follow changes in labour, health and safety laws to make sure the Centre is compliant.
- Manage employee records including attendance, time off and all leave applications.
- Ensure compliance with labour laws, rules, regulations and best practices.
- Assist in conducting salary and attitude surveys.
- Assist in collating and analyzing performance appraisal instruments.
- Assist in all employee relational initiatives including health, safety and welfare.
- Review all unsolicited resumes received by the Centre for suitability, determine appropriate responses and file appropriately.
- Liaise with the Civilian Administrative Personnel Officer (CAPO) to ensure that personal records of all MOD staff are up to date.
- Liaise with the CAPO on all relevant and applicable HR activities to ensure that the HR office is properly informed and engaged, with respect to MOD Civilians.
- Provide monthly reports to the HR Manager on all activities, for future reference and incorporation into routine reports to senior management.
- Provide administrative support to the HR Manager and Take minutes of meetings.
- Ensure the HR office is adequately resourced in respect of office supplies and upkeep.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Human Resource Manager within the scope and intent of the job.
BSc/BA in human resource management, business administration, social studies or a university degree from a recognized in administration or social sciences with professional training in human resource management.
Proven experience as an HR Officer, Administrator in an HR environment, or other HR positions with 7-10 years post qualification experience, and at least 3 years in a supervisory position. Significant experience with an international organization and/or international agency is desirable. Fluency in French would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of HR functions (compensation & benefits, recruitment, learning & development etc.).
- Experience and understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude.
- Experience and an understanding of relevant HR laws, rules, regulations and best practices.
- Ability to showcase strategic thinking and tackle a problem from all angles.
Any relevant credentials in Human Resource Management are a plus.
- Ability to set direction and targets and ensure delivery according to set timelines.
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas to team members.
- Excellent leadership/supervisory and decision-making skills with the ability to manage staff.
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities.
- Strong team management and mentoring skills.
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a service oriented outlook.
- Takes Initiative and is proactive.
- Discreet, understands confidentiality.
- Detail orientated.
- Strong ethics and reliability.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CV with 3 references, a cover letter and a professional work portfolio by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 4 August 2023.
Please indicate the job tile clearly in the cover letter and email subject line; otherwise your application may not be considered.
Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and relevant work experience. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Male candidates are encouraged to apply.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer.