KAIPTC to participate in a seminar at the Danish Institute for International Studies in Copenhagen, Denmark.
KAIPTC will participate in the seminar dubbed “West Africa – Powder Keg or on a Path to Peace?”, at theDanish Institute for International Studies in Copenhagen on 20thMay 2019.
This seminar explores the complex dynamics of conflicts across the West African sub-region both on land and at sea.
The event will be live-streamed for 3 hours on 20thMay 2019, starting at 11h30 in Ghana local time (13h30 [UTC+2]). The link is shared on the KAIPTC Facebook and Twitter pages.
The seminar is organized by DIIS together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark and the Royal Danish Defence College. It is organized as part of the DIIS-based research programme, Domestic Security Implications of UN Peacekeeping in Ghana (D-SIP). D-SIP is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark.
The speakers comprise;
- Air Vice Marshal Griffiths Santrofi Evans, Commandant, KAIPTC, Ghana
- Dr. Emmanuel Kwesi Aning, Director, Faculty of Academic Affairs & Research (FAAR), Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC), Ghana
- Ms Sylvia Horname Noagbesenu, Director, Policy, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Department (PPMED), KAIPTC, Ghana
- Lisbet Zilmer-Johns, Director, Global Politics and Security, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark
- Ellen Margrethe Løj, former Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General in Liberia
- Maya Mynster Christensen, Associate Professor, Royal Danish Defence College
- Søren Skovbjerg Nielsen, Defence Attache in Abuja, Nigeria, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark
- Kristian Fischer, Director, DIIS
- Signe Marie Cold-Ravnkilde, Researcher, DIIS
- Jessica Larsen, Researcher, DIIS
- Peter Albrecht, Senior Researcher, DIIS
The seminar will be live-streamed via the following links; (https://www.diis.dk/node/14832) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/375879929803331/).