Master of Arts Degree in Conflict, Peace and Security (Executive Weekend)
The overall objective of the course is to equip participants with effective tools for analytical thinking, good judgment, leadership and other critical managerial skills in Conflict, Peace and Security.
The Specific Objectives are to:
- Ensure participants achieve the highest professional standards in Conflict Prevention, Resolution, Security Management and Peace Brokering.
- Equip graduates with specialized knowledge and skills to play a meaningful role in management and provide professional leadership in Peace Support Operations, Regional Organizations, Peace Councils, Civil Society Organizations as well as Non Governmental Organizations.
- Meet the demands and aspirations for continuing education of employees serving in public and private sector organizations involved in conflict, peace and security issues.
- Prepare interested individuals for a career in Peace and Security.
- Theories and Analysis of Conflict, Peace and Security.
- Research Methods in Conflict, Peace and Security
- Governance and Leadership in Africa
- Good Governance and Democratic Practice
- International Law, Human Rights and Conflicts
- National Security Framework
- Contemporary and Emerging Security Issues – (Seminar Series)
- International Relations.
- Security Sector and Multi-Dimensional Peace Support Operations
- Post-Conflict Reconstruction and Development.
- Youth and Conflict in Africa.
The Course is opened to participants in Africa. The course is targeted at Senior Executives and Middle Level Practitioners in the field of Peace and Security. The following groups/organizations are encouraged to apply:
- Security and Intelligence Agencies.
- International and Regional Organizations (e.g. UN, AU, SADC, ECOWAS).
- Civil Society Groups.
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
- Civil/ Public Servants.
- Members of the Legislature/ Parliament/ Judiciary.
- Future Political Leaders.
The Course will be organized in three modular sessions as follows:
The course will be organized on weekends (Fridays 3pm – 9pm) and (Saturdays (9am –3pm). Classes will be held on alternate weekends. There will be no classes on Public Holidays.
Admission to the Executive Master’s Degree in Conflict, Peace and Security requires a good Bachelor’s Degree (second class lower or better) or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized University. Basic understanding and comprehension of English is required.
Download the Application Form. For other details about the course, contact the Registry on these mobile numbers +233 (0) 501209332, +233 (0) 244847394, +233 (0)206752054 or e-mail: Fuseini.Sandamusah@kaiptc.org; Margaret.Sosuh@kaiptc.org