French interpreters (2)
Portuguese Interpreters (2)
Arabic Interpreter (1)
- Interprets spoken material simultaneously into one or more other languages during conferences, meetings, workshops and meetings ensuring meaning and context are maintained.
- Provides written translation services.
- Provide quality assurance in regard to external translated materials.
Among the key expectations for the role are to:
- Provide proper, clear and faithful interpretation during various conferences and meetings of the KAIPTC, clear and accurate language.
- Assist departments to analyses their language requirements and identify opportunities for supporting the entire Centre with limited resources.
- Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
- Provides translation services when required.
- Perform related duties as required.
Educational Qualification / Work Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in translation, interpretation, relevant language(s) or a related field.
- At least 2-3 years of professional interpreting experience preferably in an international organizations;
- Fluency in at least 2 Languages i.e. English and 2nd relevant language related to role is required.
- For Portuguese interpreters, a 3rd language of French is an advantage.
- Knowledgeable in the peace and security subject matter
- Complete fluency in at least 2 working languages, English and French or Portuguese.
- good understanding of spoken and colloquial language
- Good Memory
- excellent concentration and the ability to think quickly
- good political and current affairs awareness
- ICT proficient
- Research skills
- cultural awareness and sensitivity
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send in a Cover letter and a CV together with 3 references not later than 26th October 2018 to the e-mail address email@example.com . Please indicate the job title clearly in the cover letter and /or the subject line, otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and work experience. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer.