a. French interpreters (2)
b. Portuguese Interpreters (2)
c. Arabic Interpreter (1)
- Interprets spoken material simultaneously into one or more other languages during conferences, meetings, workshops and meetings ensuring meaning and context are maintained.
- Provides written translation services.
- Provide quality assurance in regard to external translated materials.
Among the key expectations for the role are to:
- Provide proper, clear and faithful interpretation during various conferences and meetings of the KAIPTC, clear and accurate language.
- Assist departments to analyses their language requirements and identify opportunities for supporting the entire Centre with limited resources.
- Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
- Provides translation services when required.
- Perform related duties as required.
Educational Qualification / Work Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in translation, interpretation, relevant language(s) or a related field.
- At least 2-3 years of professional interpreting experience preferably in an international organizations;
- Fluency in at least 2 Languages i.e. English and 2nd relevant language related to role is required.
- For Portuguese interpreters, fluency French is an advantage.
- Knowledgeable in the peace and security subject matter
- Complete fluency in at least 2 working languages, English and French or Portuguese.
- good understanding of spoken and colloquial language
- Good Memory
- excellent concentration and the ability to think quickly
- good political and current affairs awareness
- ICT proficient
- Research skills
- cultural awareness and sensitivity
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send in a Cover letter and a CV together with 3 references not later than 10th November 2018 to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the job title clearly in the cover letter and /or the subject line, otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and work experience. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer.
d. Data Analyst
Reports to: Head of TED
The Data Analyst shall conduct full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. S(he) will deploy analysis and reporting capabilities to monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements in KAIPTC programmes. Critically, incumbent will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- Design, develop and review the daily feedback questionnaire, the ELQ 1 and the ELQ 2 questionnaire for all KAIPTC Courses;
- Conduct insightful, objective and meaningful data analysis on all KAIPTC Course Reports and propose appropriate clear and attestable actions to be taken according to the objectives and guidelines of the KAIPTC;
- Analyze the data of the various Course Reports from Courses all KAIPTC courses;
- Write post Course Impact Evaluation reports for all training Courses after 4-6 month;
- Provide pre-defined inputs for TED to x-divisional reports, such as mid/end of year reports, requested management updates also on short notice, M&E reports, Internal Audit questionnaires and reports and contributes to the Web Mo in close interaction with the Deputy Head of TED;
- Prepares for Course reviews a Power Point (PPT) Presentation with a short summary about the key messages for the Head of TED, Course Director and the Facilitators;
- Develop, plan and contributes to Field Impact assessment of all training courses on demand (in and outside Ghana);
- Serves as a monitoring and evaluation focal person of the training department;
- Compiles Commandant’s monthly information report on Training activities for the Deputy Head of TED;
- Supports for any requests for analytical tasks;
- Proof read and edit all eLearning Courses Produced by the eLearning team;
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities for the role;
- Perform other duties assigned by the Head- or Deputy Head of TED.
Minimum Qualification (Education/Experience)
- A minimum of a master’s degree in statistics, economics, math’s, information management or related field is required.
- At least 2-3 years proven work experience as a data analyst is required.
- At least 5 years working experience is required.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques is required;
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings;
- MS applications proficient
- knowledge in database management is required
- Good communication skills (verbal and oral)
- A 2nd international language is desirable.
- Objective, well-mannered, reliable, active, strong character, with a quick readiness of mind;
- Highly motivated personality, capable to work with given objectives, projects and able to work under little supervision.
- Able to take direction and willing to learn
- Attention to details
- Adaptable and culturally sensitive;
- Team player.
- Great interpersonal skills
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send in a Cover letter and a CV together with 3 references not later than 14th November 2018 to the e-mail address email@example.com . Please indicate the job title clearly in the cover letter and /or the subject line, otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and work experience. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer.