Scam alert – False publication by scammers using the name of the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre
The Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC) has cited a false publication by scammers, purporting that KAIPTC is collaborating with a so-called “United Nations Peace Operations Training Institute in the USA”, to organize a “Special United Nations Volunteers Home Based Training Programme’ in Cameroon”.
This false scheme, which is intended to deceive and defraud the unsuspecting public, especially Cameroonians, claims to train and register volunteers for a “UN Volunteer Data Base”.
We suspect that the scammers put out the publication to defraud prospective participants of the two (2) free e-Learning courses we recently publicized on social media.
KAIPTC wishes to inform our audience and stakeholders that:
- The publication is totally false; we disassociate ourselves from it and we urge all our audience to disregard and ignore it, should they cite it.
- We are not in collaboration with any organisation known as United Nations Peace Operations Training Institute in the USA.
- Our online courses, which we offer in partnership with the Peace Operations Training Institute (POTI) (https://www.peaceopstraining.org/), and not United Nations Peace Operations Training Institute, are strictly online.
- The online courses we deliver in partnership with POTI do not include any “Special UN Volunteers Home Based Training Programme”.
- Our online courses do not require any registration fees.
- The logo, as represented in the publication, is not ours, and the sub-standard writing in the said publication is in dissonance with the quality, professionalism and international repute that characterizes our name and our work.
For further clarification, please send an email to email@example.com.
Please stay safe in these COVID-19 times and from these scammers.
FROM THE KOFI ANNAN INTERNATIONAL PEACEKEEPING TRAINING CENTRE, …where peace begins