Job Title : Head of Corporate Affairs
Department : Policy, Planning, Monitoring& Evaluation Department (PPMED)
Reports to : Director, PPMED
Supervise : Corporate Affairs Staff
To formulate, lead and implement communications and advocacy strategies to increase the standing and awareness of KAIPTC both internally and externally. The key result expected of the position is an impact on the reputation and standing of KAIPTC in Ghana, the sub-region and international community. Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience. Directly responsible for managing all KAIPTC’s creative processes from conceptualization to delivery. Principal Accountabilities include ensuring consistency in terms of voice, branding, messaging and frequency of digital channels postings. Handling media and other enquiries and creating effective news releases to gain positive press coverage. To develop and deliver well-executed and effective campaigns; to develop working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and partners. And to use project planning techniques to deliver projects and actively manage project budgets.
- Manage and lead the development and implementation of the KAIPTC communications and advocacy strategies.
- Develop communications and advocacy components for KAIPTC projects and activities, and advise the KAIPTC team on how to achieve intended results in communications/advocacy.
- Manage media relations and build relationships with national regional and international journalists.
- Initiate and lead community engagement activities for KAIPTC and outreach to sustain the academic programmes.
- Lead all visibility activities for KAIPTC’s academic programmes and liaise with the Academic Affairs Unit to undertake outreach
- Manage the content of the KAIPTC website including regular updates in line with corporate branding requirements and in close cooperation with the HR and ICT Units.
- Lead the development and production of key corporate communication materials (annual reports, leaflets, brochures, fact sheets, corporate gift items, mementoes, banners, pull-ups, etc)
- Conceptualize an initial relevant social media/digital campaign to strengthen KAIPTC digital presence and visibility and enhance online engagement with key stakeholders.
- Plan, organise, and/or coordinate high level visits by partners/stakeholders to the Centre.
- Provide technical advice, direction and lead the organisation with its corporate identity and brand management efforts and processes.
- Coordinate and lead the development and implementation of policies and programmes that relate to corporate communications and affairs.
- Support the writing of funding and other proposals.
- Support the organisation to plan and implement key events and activities such as annual lectures, partners’ forum, Governing Board meetings, matriculation and graduation programmes, opening and closing of courses, reflections security series, etc.
- Lead the marketing of KAIPTC activities.
- Perform other task assigned within the scope and intent of the job.
Educational requirements and Work Experience
Master’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or the Social Sciences from a recognized university. A professional qualification is a must. At least 12 years working experience in public relations, communications or advocacy. At least 5 years in a management position. Significant experience with an international organization and/or international agency is desirable. Fluency in French would be an advantage.
- Highly proficient in all design aspects with extensive working knowledge of relevant creative tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, particularly, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and other design software programs.
- Exceptional creativity skills and strong understanding of creative processes, marketing, graphic design, corporate branding, digital media and colour theory.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and confident presentation skills.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Good understanding of printing, publishing and production procedures/processes.
- Keen awareness of current industry trends and technologies.
- Good information finding skills and analytical abilities.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Demonstrates excellent presentation skill
- Ability to lead crisis communication and response planning.
- Effectively coordinate with internal and external stakeholders in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to use Information Technology effectively as a tool and resource. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and a proven experience with web based management systems.
- Fluency in at least one local Ghanaian language is a must.
- Demonstrated promotion of the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the organisation.
- Set direction and ensure delivery according to set timelines.
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas to stakeholders.
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines.
- Demonstrated effective planning, prioritization, organizational and adaptability skills.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team management and mentoring skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Confident, honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work without or with little supervision.
- Ability to think on one’s feet
- An understanding of how KAIPTC operates.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CV together with 3 references and a professional work portfolio by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 8 July 2023.
Please indicate the job tile clearly in the cover letter; otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and relevant work experience. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer.