Job Title : Deputy Chief Finance Officer (Deputy CFO)
Department : Office of the Commandant (OOC)
Reports to : Chief Finance Officer
Supervise : Finance Officers and Finance Assistants
To provide support in the co-ordination of the work in the Finance Unit and to ensure the provision of overall financial support to internal and external clients. The Deputy Chief Finance Officer shall support the implementation of KAIPTC’s Programmes, by providing technical support and advice in Strategic Financial Management, Financial Accounting and Reporting to all programmes and operations. The Deputy CFO shall support the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) in the management of the daily Financial Accounting and Financial Administration Procedures at the Centre by ensuring that routine Policies, Procedures and Systems are in effective operation, and to deputize for the CFO in his/her absence.
- Assist in the day to day running of the unit and also provide advice and information to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Provide technical assistance in financial management and administration to the CFO, finance staff, and other staff to ensure operations are in conformity with KAIPTC’s Policies and Procedures
- Perform reconciliation of ledgers in accounting software and prepare periodic reports and other required Financial Information (i.e. Management accounts, Variance reports, Trial Balance, Income Statements, Balance Sheet, Cash flow Statement, etc).
- Preparation of Invoices for Courses and periodic financial reports for submission to Donors and or other Partners.
- Administering the Centre’s operational budgets and prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements.
- Assist departments in preparing periodic budgets for inclusion in the Centre’s Workplan Budget.
- Authorize transactions within limits to be set by CFO and also report/ discuss significant financial issues requiring management attention.
- Maintaining relationships with Business partners particularly suppliers, hotels, publishers and other service providers to ensure optimal benefits from the business relationship in the interest of the Centre.
- Monitoring and reviewing daily and monthly expenditure to ensure conformity with budgets and also highlight variances.
- Monitor and report on staff compliance with the organization’s financial policies including use of general office equipment etc.
- Assists the CFO in ensuring that operations and implementation procedures are consistent with set objectives, terms and conditions of grants agreements and KAIPTC’s Policies.
- Assist in the efficient implementation of system of Internal Controls to ensure the integrity and accountability of the Centre’s financial administration procedures.
- Coordinate KAIPTC’s activities related to funding/grant administration, and provide support on all financial matters.
- Compile and submit timely and accurate financial reports to the CFO for review.
- Provide training support in the finance staff capacity development and knowledge in modern financial management and accounting systems, especially in computerized accounting systems.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on all KAIPTC financial issues in the effective preparation towards the Centre’s Financial Audits both Internal and External in accordance with all applicable regulations with a view to ensuring a reputation of financial accountability for KAIPTC.
- Deputize in the absence of the CFO and Supervise Finance Officers and Finance Assistants in the unit.
- Perform other duties as directed by the CFO within the scope and intend for the job.
Educational Qualification and work Experience
MBA (Finance option), Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required or its equivalent from a recognized institution, with a professional qualification in ACCA, CA or CIMA. A proven Senior Accountant/ Finance Officer with 10 years’ experience and at least 5 years of accounts managerial experience and significant experience with an international organization and/or international agency is desirable. Fluency in French would be an advantage.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of finance; Financial Accounting, Investment and Options Appraisal, Management Accounting, Governance and Exploitation of Financial Systems, together with sound numeric skills.
- Demonstrable experience in the preparation of financial reports and budgets for management information.
- Ability to monitor budgets and provide variance analysis.
- Ability to use Information Technology effectively as a tool and resource. Must be proficient in Fiancial mangements applications eg. Tally, Sage etc and must also be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel.
- Good information finding skills and analytical abilities.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to set direction and targets and ensure delivery according to set timelines.
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas to stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills with the ability to manage staff and customers and suppliers.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team management and mentoring skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Monitor progress of work and appraise staff performance
- Train and develop subordinate staff
- Ability to plan and manage resources to achieve business results and to provide sound financial advice and effective financial management to both the CFO and the Centre.
- Confident, honest and trustworthy.
- Possess cultural and diversity awareness and sensitivity.
- Possess initiative and is proactive, works with little or no supervision.
- Ability to think on one’s feet.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Have an understanding of how KAIPTC operates.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CV together with 3 references and a professional work portfolio by e-mail to email@example.com not later than 8 July 2023.
Please indicate the job tile clearly in the cover letter; otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and relevant work experience. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer.