Admission to the Master of Arts Degree programme in Gender, Peace and Security (MGPS), 2020/2021 Academic Year
Admission of candidates into the Master of Arts in Gender, Peace and Security (MGPS) programme opens in January every year.
The overall objective of the course is to equip students with effective tools for analytical thinking, good judgment, leadership and other critical managerial skills in Gender, Peace and Security.
The Specific Objectives are to:
- Equip students with the skills to achieve the highest professional standards in Gender, Peace and Security; Conflict Prevention, Resolution and Management; Peace Brokering and Security Management.
- Equip graduates with specialized knowledge and skills to play a meaningful role in management and provide professional leadership in Multi-Dimensional Peace Operations, International/Regional Organizations, Peace Councils, Civil Society Organizations as well as Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Meet the demands and aspirations for continuing education of employees serving in public and private sector organizations involved in conflict, peace and security issues.
- Prepare interested individuals for a career in Peace and Security.
- Improve opportunities for women to attain higher positions in international, regional and national organizations.
Closing Date for Applications: 21st August, 2020.
Read more about the Course