Master of Arts in Gender, Peace and Security - Weekend (WMGPS)
The overall objective of the course is to equip students with effective tools for analytical thinking, good judgment, leadership and critical managerial skills in Gender, Peace and Security.
The Specific Objectives are to:
- Equip students with the skills to achieve the highest professional standards in Gender, Peace and Security; Conflict Prevention, Resolution and Management; Peace Brokering and Security Management;
- Equip graduates with specialized knowledge and skills to play meaningful roles in managing and providing in professional leadership in Multi-Dimensional Peace Operations, International/Regional Organizations, and Infrastructures for Peace, Civil Society Organizations as well as Non-Governmental Organizations;
- Meet the demands and aspirations for continuing education of employees serving in public and private sector organizations involved in the issue areas of conflict, peace and security;
- Hone the skills of interested individuals in Peace and Security-related Careers;
- Improve opportunities for women to attain higher positions in international, regional and national organizations.
- Theories and Concepts of Gender.
- Theories and Analysis of Conflict, Peace and Security.
- Gender Rights and International Law.
- Governance and Leadership in Africa.
- Research Methods in Gender, Peace and Security.
- Gender and International Relations.
- Gender and Post-Conflict Reconstruction and Development.
- Gender, Security Sector and Multi-Dimensional Peace Operations.
- Youth and Conflict in Africa.
- Migration, Citizenship and Conflict.
- Cyber Security and Cyber Crime in Africa.
- Introduction and Perspectives of Emerging Security Issues in Africa.
- Religion as a Source of Conflict in Africa.
- Building National Infrastructure for Peace in Africa: Understanding the Role of the National Peace Council in Ghana.
- Drug Trafficking: Challenges of Implementing Laws in the Fight against Narcotics in Africa.
The Course is opened to individuals in Africa and the wider world. Targeted personnel working with the following institutions/organizations in Africa and outside the continent are encouraged to apply:
- Security and Intelligence Agencies.
- International and Regional Organizations (e.g. UN, AU, SADC, ECOWAS).
- Civil Society Groups.
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
- The Diplomatic Community.
- Civil/ Public Servants.
- Members of the Legislature/ Parliament/ Judiciary.
- Individuals with Interest in Gender, Peace and Security Studies.
The course will be organized in three modular sessions on weekends from January 2021 (every Friday and Saturday)
For other details about the course, contact the Registry on telephone +233 (0) 24 4847394, + 233(0) 20 6752054, +233(0) 54 8335027e-mail email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: 30th November, 2020.