Certificate Programme in Cyber Intelligence & Forensics
The course is designed to equip participants with knowledge and hands-on skills, tools and techniques to conduct cyber intelligence and forensics operations. An aspect of the course explores security vulnerabilities of e-payment platforms and security and forensics response to mitigate the risks. The course is designed for security, risk, defense and intelligence and investigations practitioners – both in the public and the private sectors.
Course covers the following modules:Module 1: Introduction to Cyber Intelligence & Forensics
- Cyber Intelligence – Definition & Key Concepts
- Forensics – Definition & Key Concepts
- Cyber Intelligence Methodologies
- Intelligence Analytics
- Application of Cyber Intelligence & Forensics Techniques
- Anonymity & Cyber Intelligence Gathering
- Hacking Concepts, Methodologies & Tools
- Defensive (Counterintelligence) Cyber Intelligence Tools & Techniques
- Offensive Cyber Intelligence Tools & Techniques
- Social Media & Intelligence Gathering
- E-Payment Ecosystem
- E-Payment Systems & Fraud Schemes
- E-Payment Systems & Money Laundering
- E-Payment Platforms & Common Vulnerabilities
- E-Payment Platforms Security
- Introduction to Digital Forensics
- Triage Intelligence Assessment of Digital Devices
- Mobile Data Analysis & Intelligence Gathering
- Legal, Privacy and Ethical Issues in Forensics
- Technology Basics for Cyber Intelligence
- Hands-On Session on Using Open Source Tools for Intelligence Gathering & Analysis
- Hands-On Session on conducting Vulnerability Assessment (VA) on E-Payment Platforms
- Hands-On Session on conducting Triage Assessment on a Target/Suspect device
- Hands-On Session on obtaining Digital Evidence from a Target/Suspect device.
Course participants will be required to undergo security clearance. The programme is suitable for practitioners and operatives working in the security, law enforcement, defense and intelligence circles as well as selected private sector security practitioners:
- Law Enforcement, Security, Defense and Intelligence;
- Forensic Practitioners;
- Participants from Selected Private Sector Organizations;
- Other, etc.
Admission to the Certificate Programme requires a minimum of a tertiary degree or diploma from relevant academic or professional institutions. Practitioners with experience without a formal academic qualification may also apply.