Small Arms and Light Weapons– Stockpile Management
Course Fee: This course is fully funded.
This course targets practitioners and civil society organizations. It aims at impacting skills and strengthens the knowledge in the techniques for securing weapon stockpiles as well as promoting safe and secure storage destruction of weapons.
- The key concepts ‘stockpile’ and ‘national stockpile’
- Why stockpiles need to be controlled
- The elements of good stockpile control
- An introduction to safety issues
- Legal frameworks
- The physical structure of stockpiles
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Stockpiles and Communities
- Stockpile and Surplus destruction
- Visit to Armory; and Cross cutting Issues
- Mid- level practitioners directly working on armories and magazines: forearms bureau/ sections of police
- Wildlife and forestry etc
- Advocacy roles including Civil Society groups and Media Practitioners