Small Arms and Light Weapons– Border Security Management
Course Fee: This course is fully funded.
This course targets border security practitioners. It aims at enhancing the quality in the management of borders in the sub-region and supports regional initiatives on border management and information sharing and also foster the identification and establishment of a network of border security management experts in West Africa.
- The Nature of the African State
- Overview of African Borders and Border Security issues: Challenges and Prospects
- International and Regional Frameworks on SALW e.g ECOWAS Convention and Protocols of Free Movement
- Types of Borders of Small Arms Control: land, air and sea
- Field visits to land, air and sea borders
- Integrated Border Management
- Issues of cooperation: Interagency collaboration
- Interpol and Multilateral Intelligence in West Africa
- Border Management skill sets
- Profiling, Surveillance and Information gathering
- Vulnerable groups and SALW
- Cross Cutting Issues: Money laundering terrorism, Drug and Human trafficking and virtual cross border e-crimes
- Operational level practitioners working in border facilities.