Multidimensional Peace Operations Course (MDPO) 19
Peace Support Operations
Course Fee: See Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
- The following costs will be covered by the Government of Switzerland: facilitation fees, air travel from international airport, food and accommodation. Visa costs as well as travel to an international airport will be borne by the participant.
- No-shows or cancellation of confirmed participants: resulting costs are to be borne by the participant..
Call for Applications: Multidimensional Peace Operations Course (MDPO) 19
Click here to read the full detail about the course.
24th of June – 05th of July 2019
The aim of the Multidimensional Peace Operations Course (MDPO) is to provide military, police and civilian personnel with the knowledge and skills of operational level planning, coordination and conduct of MDPO in order to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the components in Peace Operations.
- The target group includes Actors from the Military, Police, Civilian Mission Staff, Humanitarian and Civil Society on operational level (CPT to LTC, ASP to C/SUPT and managerial level/positions e.g. P3/P4, Assistant Director, Directors).
- The Nature of Conflicts
- Frameworks for Peace Operations
- Introduction and Concept of Peace Operations
- Gender and Peace Operations
- DDR in Peace Operations
- Security Sector Reform (SSR) and Peace Operations
- In-Mission Negotiations, Mediation & Facilitation
- Responsibility to Protect (R2P) and Protection of Civilians (POC) in Peace Operations
- Integrated Mission Support
- Planning in Peace Operations
- UN Policy on Civil-Military Coordination (CIMIC)
- Mine Awareness and IEDs in Integrated Missions Support
- Respect for Diversity
- MDPO in Practice
The course will be delivered through a combination of lectures, case studies, small group works and exercises among others. The “Problem-Based Learning Approach” will be used in the delivery of the course; hence, participants will play a very active role under the guidance of an experienced team of facilitators.
We will preselect roughly 15 applicants of each target group (Military, Police and Civilian). The final number of course participants will be max. 32 participants.
Training Coordination Officer
Mrs Marylyn Agblor
Tel. +233 (0) 302 718200 Ext. 1012
Fax. +233 (0) 302 718201
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Maj Adrian Zurmuehle (Swiss Armed Forces)
Tel.: +233 (0) 302 718200 Ext. 1315
Mob: +233 (0) 558 490 632