Human Rights Training for Multidimensional Peace Operations
Course Fee: $500.00 (Commitment Fee)
Terms and Conditions:
- The course is residential and course participants will be accommodated at KAIPTC.
- The following costs will be covered : facilitation fees, food and accommodation.
- Participants are required to bear their travel and visa costs.
- All nominated participants will have to complete an eLearning module prior to the commencement of the course. The acquired certification is a condition for admission.
- All nominated participants will have to show proof of adequate health insurance coverage prior to the commencement of the course.
- No-shows or cancellation of confirmed participants: resulting costs are to be borne by the participant.
This course is aimed at building and enhancing the capacities of the various actors involved in multi-dimensional peace operations to ensure human rights compliance, address human rights violations and mainstream human rights principles and practices.
- The primary target audience for the course are UN, AU and REC deployed human rights field officers;
- Individuals on UN, AU and REC deployment rosters; and
- Individuals and organisations interested in or working on human rights.
M0: Introduction: Human Rights for Multidimensional Peace Support Operations
M 1: Human Rights Frameworks and Mandates
M2 : Monitoring, Documenting and Reporting Human Rights
M3 : Communicating and Advocating Human Rights
M4: Working with Local Partners
M5 : Protection of Civilians: Concepts, Tools and Strategies
M6: Strategies and Best Practices for Protecting Vulnerable Groups for
M7: Final Simulation Exercise (A global case study: Lalmaland)
Mrs Marylyn Agblor
Tel. 00 233 (0) 302 718200 Ext. 1012
Fax. 00 233 (0) 302 718201