Comprehensive Medical Support In Complex Emergencies (CMSCE 19)
Peace Support Operations
Terms and Conditions:
Participants must be able to speak and write fluently in English
|Course Date/Duration||11 – 15 November 2019|
|Course Capacity||24 participants|
|Target Group||Senior Medical Officers from UN/AU/ECOWAS/NATO/EU. International civilian and military personnel preparing to serve at UN/AU/ECOWAS/NATO/EU missions|
|Course Language||English only|
|Application Deadline||30 September 2019|
The CMSCE course aims to promote an integrated health response through enhanced interoperability across civilian and military actors in complex emergencies. Networking is an important tool for a quick and successfully support.
- Participation in the Course will be by invitation to targeted individuals and/or Ministries of Defence in the West Africa Region (member States of ECOWAS); additionally, the course will be advertised via KAIPTC Webpage / LMS.
- Senior Medical Officers from UN/AU/ECOWAS/NATO/EU Missions and other national and international Organisations.
- International civilian and military personnel preparing to serve at UN/AU/ECOWAS/NATO/EU-Mission HQs as CIMIC-, Legal- Advisors and Joint Mission Analysis Staff officers.
The gender aspect will be taken into consideration; (depends on applications and nominations)
The participants will be selected with attention to a balanced geographical, ethnical, gender and professional distribution.
The course is planned to cover following modules, including a one day Top Table Exercise, will be delivered:
- Health System in Conflict Settings (Key Note)
- The UN System in Complex Emergencies
- Health Care in Danger (ICRC)
- Principles of Humanitarian Assistance
- Global Health Issues
- Stakeholder Diversity and Interaction
- Disaster Management and Cycle
- Health Intelligence and Analysis
- Health Security Challenges (HSC)
- Groupwork HSC
- Panel Discussion about Medical Comprehensive Planning
- Partnership and Case Studies
- Visit to the GHA AF Military Hospital 37
- Top Table Exercise
- Participatory, problem-based learning approaches using facilitated discussions
- Theoretical sessions with practical application
- Practice sessions to allow for application of information and concepts presented
- Drawing on participants’ individual experience and subject matter expertise
- Top table exercise
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are requested to kindly fill and submit an online application form.
Contact at KAIPTC
|For administrative issues||For course content issues|
|Mrs Marylyn Agblor
Training Coordination Officer
Tel. 00 233 (0) 302 718200 Ext. 1012
Fax. 00 233 (0) 302 718201
|LtCol Michael Reinwald
Tel.: +233 (0) 55 8586824 or (0) 555 61 7001
Email: Michael.Reinwald@kaiptc.org or