Civilian Peacekeepers Foundation Course
Peace Support Operations
Course Fee: This course is fully funded.
This course targets the African Standby Capacity (ASC) Roster members waiting for deployment and aims to provide participants with realistic insight on the conceptual and institutional frameworks of multidimensional PSO, cross-cutting issues and an overview of core functional areas, in order to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of all the components in a multidimensional PSO. For pre-deployment training, the main aim is to equip participants with knowledge and skills required for successful mandate implementation in missions. Component pre-deployment training is also aimed at turning professional capable officers into competent peacekeepers.
- African Standby Capacity (ASC) Roster members
- Introduction to Conflict and PSO
- Legal and Institutional Frameworks for PSO
- Mission Structures and Mandate Implementation
- AU/UN Police-Specific Pre-Deployment Training Standards
- Cross-Cutting PSO Issues (gender, POC, child protection, etc.)
- Safety, Security and Practical Skills in PSO
Contact at KAIPTC
Mrs Marylyn Agblor
Training Coordination Officer
Tel. 00 233 (0) 302 718200 Ext. 1012
Fax. 00 233 (0) 302 718201