CERTIFICATE IN CYBER SECURITY
Course Fee: Each participant shall be required to pay a non-refundable fee of ¢2,500 GHS (two thousand, five hundred Ghana cedis). Participants who coming from outside Ghana would have to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements. Those who will require visa on arrival will also be responsible for the cost of their visas.
Terms and Conditions:
• The course will be conducted ONLY in English; • Every participant should be fully vaccinated with proof. Those coming from outside Ghana should have proof of adequate health insurance coverage, which should include Covid 19 before travelling to the Centre. KAIPTC will not bear any health or accident costs for any participant.
|Course Date/Duration||31 October- 4 November 2022|
|Course Capacity||25 participants|
|Target Group||The target groups include the following:
African Union, ECOWAS, UN Missions in Africa and other Regional Economic Communities (RECs).
a. Law Enforcement, IT Security
b. Managers/Officers, Risk & Compliance
c. Officers, Systems Administrators,
d. Graduates/Students of Tertiary Universities,
e. Employees interested in building knowledge in cyber security
|Application Deadline||28 October 2022|
(please choose one)
Technological advancement and adoption to enhance business processes, and improve efficiency are equally exposing lots of cyber vulnerabilities and the unpreparedness of organisations to deal with these vulnerabilities resulting in the risk of cyber-attacks. The World Economic Forum’s global cybersecurity outlook report indicated that cyber-attacks increased 125% globally in 2021, with evidence suggesting an upward rise in 2022. 2022 research and recent industry analysis by the e-Crime Bureau on IT securities of various industries including the private and public sector, financial/insurance, education, energy, communication, etc. in Ghana clearly indicate that the IT infrastructure of organisations is being targeted by criminals, affecting the operations of these institutions.
The Certificate in Cyber Security Training is designed to equip participants with practical knowledge on emerging trends of cybercrime, the domain of cyber security and the impact of cyber security threats on institutions. Various countermeasures on how to secure data and precautions that organisations can take to minimise losses and safeguard the IT environment will be addressed. The course will also introduce participants to cybersecurity governance mechanisms and best practices.
The main objectives of the course are to:
- To provide participants with the knowledge to establish the nexus between cyber criminality and other transnational crimes
- To equip participants to identify the various forms of cyber-attacks and attack methodologies used by cybercriminals
- To provide practical methods to foster a proactive cyber security management culture of institutions
- To ensure that organisations have the relevant professional skills to develop comprehensive cyber security programmes for institutions to deal with the short, medium to long term cyber risks
- To provide the requisite tools to evaluate and manage the security of IT systems
- To understand cyber security risk management and governance structures and the role of employees and department in reducing cyber risks.
Law Enforcement, IT Security Managers/Officers, Risk & Compliance Officers, Systems Administrators, Graduates/Students of Tertiary Universities, and Employees interested in building knowledge in cyber security.
Modules of the course
Overview of Cybercrime & Cyber Security
Cyber Attacks & Defence Strategies
Cyber Forensics & Incident Response
Cyber Governance, Risk & Compliance
Cyber Security Lab Sessions
How to Apply
Interested applicants are kindly invited to click on the registration link below in order to fill and submit the online application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mary Anna Abakah
Tel. 00 233 (0) 0302 999 981
Mobile. 00 233 (0) 50 1304 836 / 50 788 8899
Mrs Marylyn Agblor
Training Coordination Officer
Tel. 00 233 (0) 302 718200 Ext. 1012
Fax. 00 233 (0) 302 718201
Col Daniel Amenyo-Agbekor
Tel. 00 233 (0) 302 718200 Ext. 1035
Fax. 00 233 (0) 302 718201