Advanced Stabilisation and Reintegration Course (ASR 20)
Peace Support Operations
Terms and Conditions:
KAIPTC residential accommodation for all participants. Facilitation team will be composed of resource persons from KAIPTC, UNDP, DPO, AU, Transition International etc. Successful applicants will be expected to be responsible for their travel to the KAIPTC. Proof of Medical Travel Insurance cover for the duration of training in Ghana. Participants coming from UN/AU missions will be required to make a 15-20 minutes presentation on the reintegration programme in their missions.
|01 – 11 June 2020|
Planners and implementers of S&R programmes (see details below)
24 May 2020
Overall Course Aims
The Course aims at enhancing the capacity and effectiveness of UN, Regional, Sub-regional, National and other institutions to perform peace operations, through building individual skills properly reflecting new developments in Stabilisation and Reintegration (S&R).
This will be done by providing participants with a comprehensive, conceptual and operational level understanding principles, procedures and up-to-date practices involved in the planning, coordination and conduct of S&R programmes.
- Understand the concepts, policies and strategies of S&R;
- Identify and suggest solutions to the problematic components, activities and other issues related to S&R;
- Develop options to engage the different actors and institutions involved in S&R;
- Understand the new trends in peace operations affecting Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) approaches and policies.
- Develop practical skills needed to plan and implement S&R programmes.
The target group of this course will be planners and implementers of S&R programmes, including personnel from the following organisations:
- Line ministries/government departments/agencies and commissions involved with S&R.
- UN country missions, agencies, funds, programmes and entities.
- AU and other regional and sub-regional bodies.
- Development and bilateral organizations working on S&R.
- Relevant NGOs/Civil Society Organisations, Universities and academic institutions actively participating or supporting S&R programmes in conflict-affected or post-conflict African countries.
This course targets operational personnel who are involved in Stabilisation & Reintegration processes of DDR. Applicants are required to have at least one of the criteria listed below:
- Possess at least one year experience in S&R related work.
- Must be currently involved in S&R practice work.
- Must be working closely with S&R practitioners in any conflict-affected or post-conflict African country.
- Has attended a DDR foundation course.
Preference will be given to applicants having a working knowledge of the English language, both written and oral skills since the course will only be delivered in English. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Only fully completed applications that are submitted via the application portal will be taken into consideration.
Contact at KAIPTC
|For administrative issues||For course content issues|
|Mrs Marylyn Agblor
Training Coordination Officer
Tel. 00 233 (0) 302 718200 Ext. 1012
Fax. 00 233 (0) 302 718201
|Mr. Augustine Owusu
Cell: +233 (0) 209 909626