Advance Stabilization & Reintegration Course – ASR 2018
Peace Support Operations
Course Fee: $500.00 (Commitment Fee)
Terms and Conditions:
- KAIPTC residential accommodation for all participants.
- Facilitation team will be composed of resource persons from KAIPTC, UNDP, DPKO, AU, Transition International etc.
- Estimated budget cost will be covered by the GIZ support project at the Centre.
- Successful applicants will be expected to pay a commitment fee of USD 500 at least 3 weeks before the course assembles. (This fee is non-refundable).
- Proof of Medical Travel Insurance cover for the duration of training in Ghana.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel expenses.
- Participants coming from UN/AU missions will be required to make a 15-20 minutes presentation on the reintegration programme in their missions.
The Course aims at enhancing the capacity and effectiveness of UN, Regional, Sub-regional, National and other institutions to perform peace operations, through building individual skills properly reflecting new developments in Stabilisation and Reintegration (S&R).
This will be done by providing participants with a comprehensive, conceptual and operational level understanding principles, procedures and up-to-date practices involved in the planning, coordination and conduct of S&R programmes.
The target group of this course will be planners and implementers of S&R programmes, including personnel from the following organisations:
- Line ministries/government departments/agencies and commissions involved with S&R.
- UN country missions, agencies, funds, programmes and entities.
- AU and other regional and sub-regional bodies.
- Development and bilateral organizations working on S&R.
- Relevant NGOs/Civil Society Organisations, Universities and academic institutions actively participating or supporting S&R programmes in conflict-affected or post-conflict African countries.
- Assessments and Analysis of Stabilisation and Reintegration Programmes
- Stabilisation of the Post Conflict Environment
- Preventing/Countering Violent Extremism and managing Radicalisation in Reintegration
- Design and Operationalization of Reintegration
- Economic Reintegration; Social and Psychosocial Reintegration
- Reintegration of Specific Needs Groups
- Final Simulation Exercise – S&R Programme Design for Mewaliland.
The candidate must be involved in Stabilisation & Reintegration processes of DDR. Applicants are required to have at least one of the criteria listed below:
- Possess at least one year experience in S&R related work.
- Must be currently involved in S&R practice work.
- Must be working closely with S&R practitioners in any conflict-affected or post-conflict African country.
- Has attended a DDR foundation course.
Preference will be given to applicants having a working knowledge of the English language, both written and oral skills since the course will only be delivered in English. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Contact at KAIPTC
Mr. Augustine Owusu
Tel. 00 233 (0) 302 718200