ADMISSION TO EXECUTIVE MASTER OF ARTS IN CONFLICT, PEACE AND SECURITY PROGRAMME 2023/2024
Peace and Security Studies
Application Date: - Mar 24, 2023
Objectives of Programme
The overall objective of the Programme is to equip participants with effective tools for analytical thinking, good judgment, leadership and other critical managerial skills in Conflict, Peace and Security.
Specific objectives are to:
- Ensure participants achieve the highest professional standards in conflict prevention, resolution, security management and peace brokering.
- Equip graduates with specialized knowledge and skills to play a meaningful role in management and provide professional leadership in Peace Support Operations, Regional Organizations, Peace Councils, Civil Society Organizations as well as Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Meet the demands and aspirations for continuing education of employees serving in public and private sector organizations involved in conflict, peace and security issues.
- Prepare interested individuals for a career in Peace and Security.
Courses Offered include:
- Theories and Analysis of Conflict, Peace and Security
- Research Methods in Conflict, Peace and Security
- Governance and Leadership in Africa
- Political Violence in Africa
- International Humanitarian Law and the Law of Armed Conflicts
- Nationalism and Identity in Africa
- Contemporary and Emerging Security Issues – (Seminar Series)
- International Relations
- Security Sector and Multi-Dimensional Peace Support Operations
- Post-Conflict Reconstruction and Development
- Youth and Conflicts in Africa
The Executive Masters Programme is opened to participants in Africa and beyond. The Course is targeted at Senior Executives and Practitioners in the field of Peace and Security. Individuals from the following groups/organizations are encouraged to apply:
- Security and Intelligence Agencies.
- International and Regional Organizations (e.g. UN, AU, SADC, ECOWAS).
- Civil Society Groups.
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
- Public Servants
- Members of the Legislature/ Parliament/Judiciary.
- Future Political Leaders
Organization of Programme
The Programme will be organized on weekends (Fridays 3pm – 7pm; and Saturdays 9am – 3pm) from May 2023 to May 2024. Classes will be held on weekends.
Requirements for Admission
Admission to the Executive Master’s Degree in Conflict, Peace and Security requires a good Bachelor’s Degree (second class lower or better). Applicants with Third Class must have at least two (2) years relevant working experience and may be required to undergo interview. Basic understanding and comprehension of English is required. The course is opened to both male and female applicants, but female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Visit the KAIPTC website, www.kaiptc.org to apply online or download the Application Forms. For other details about the course, contact the Registry on telephone +233 (0) 59 9300153, +233(0) 24 7480741 /e-mail Philip.MakafuiAnkah@kaiptc.org; Emmanuella.Efiinu@kaiptc.org ; Priscilla.Nyonmoh@kaiptc.org
Closing Date for Applications: Friday, 24 March 2023.