Job Title: WYPSI Coordinator
Department: Women, Youth, Peace and Security Institute (WYPSI)
Reports to: Deputy Director, WYPSI
The Women, Youth, Peace and Security Institute’s (WYPSI) work is to accelerate the full implementation of the Women, Peace, and Security (WPS) and Youth, Peace, and Security (YPS) agenda across the African Continent and beyond.
In view of this, KAIPTC is looking for a strong, dynamic and highly experienced person to provide coordination and administration support of the activity plan of WYPSI.
- Assist the Director with conceptualising and implementing the WYPSI activity plan, including the development of an integrated programme management matrix.
- Coordinate the administrative, research and activity plans of WYPSI.
- Maintain a database of Departmental contacts, collaborators and update information periodically.
- Organise and Convene weekly departmental coordination meetings, and distribute all informational materials.
- Support seminar and workshop planning and administration.
- Monitor implementation timeframes and output delivery.
- Present progress and results of tasks to Deputy Director and other stakeholders in person or in digital format.
- Reporting and writing for WYPSI, including rapporteuring at workshops and seminars.
- Follows up with clients, tracks and reports on all departmental compliance
- Write internal communications documents, including handouts and emails, to inform team members of important notices.
- Disseminate information from WYPSI to other departments and facilitate communication between WYPSI and other departments at KAIPTC.
- Any other duties within the scope and content of the job that may be assigned by the Deputy Director.
A master’s degree in the Social Sciences, Gender and Youth Studies, Business Administration or a related field. At least 7 years working experience in an administrative position in an academic or training institution. With 5 years of management and coordinator experience of research projects, training programmes, workshops and seminars, including production of reports. Working ability of French is highly desirable.
Knowledge of conflict in Africa, Women, Youth and Gender in conflict prevention and management challenges, and the emergent policies and structures to meet these challenges in the West African context would be preferable.
- Must possess proven understanding of youth, gender, women, peace, security and conflict issues and concepts in Africa and West Africa in particular.
- Proven knowledge of the UNSCR 1325, the Maputo Protocol, other follow-up resolutions and frameworks such as the Continental Results Frameworks (CRF) on Women, Youth, Peace and Security.
- Proven knowledge of the Youth, Peace, and Security (YPS) Agenda (2015) and UNSCR 2250, 2419 and 2535; with an understanding of the roles the youth play in decisions making, conflict resolution, peacebuilding, leadership and governance and, the need for their increased participation and representation in these spaces.
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and to apply problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to adapt, to act quickly to take initiatives, to learn new disciplines and skills relevant to the responsibilities at the Centre.
- Demonstrated promotion of the vision, mission, and strategic goals of KAIPTC.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent analytical skills to monitor progress of an undertaking and identify areas needing adjustment or improvement with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with internal and external stakeholders in a multi-cultural setting.
- Strong presentation and coordination skills and the ability to interact and present ideas to different stakeholders.
- Basic computer skills, especially email, spreadsheets, and presentation creation software.
- Open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Confident, honest and trustworthy
- Ability to work without or with little supervision.
- Ability to think on one’s feet
- Focuses on results and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to manage multiple tasks at once and adhere to guidelines, budgets, and deadlines.
- An understanding of how KAIPTC operates.
- Possess, appreciate and understands religious, cultural diversities and sensitivities.
- A strong desire to learn.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their Cover Letter, CV together with 3 references and a professional work portfolio by e-mail to email@example.com not later than 25 September 2023. Please indicate the job tile clearly in the cover letter; otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and relevant work experience. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Qualified male candidates are encouraged to apply.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer.