KOFI ANNAN INTERNATIONAL PEACEKEEPING TRAINING CENTRE
Head of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
Policy, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Department (PPMED)
Senior M&E Officer
The role is responsible for guiding the overall M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within KAIPTC, plus providing timely and relevant performance information to KAIPTC stakeholders
- Coordinate the development and update of the center-wide M&E framework and workplan to track achievement of outcomes
- Support the inclusion of department programmes into a center-wide strategy and agenda for prioritized research and training curriculum development
- Ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and policy guidelines regarding M&E are developed and updated where necessary.
- Develop and apply cost-effective data collection and management systems
- Build capacity of KAIPTC M&E focal persons in M&E skills through mentoring and coaching.
- Manage and coordinate contractual obligations for all external evaluations
- Prepare M&E reports and coordinate the dissemination of these reports to stakeholders
- Participate in national and international forums and committees where M&E issues are discussed
- Coordination of a Centre wide approach to track results from the field/externally (Field monitoring visits)
- Support the conduct of field research to assess the outcome and impact of KAIPTC trainings on peace and security in Africa.
- Coordinate capacity building for M&E focal persons and staff relating to M&E principles and best practices and Results Based Management.
- Support the development of project proposals and ensure that the causal logic clearly captures the objectives, indicators and expected outcomes of projects and programs
- Supervise M & E staff.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor within scope and content of the job
Educational qualification / work experience
The ideal candidate must possess
A master’s degree Masters in field of social science, development, administration or other related fields as well as applied training in quantitative analysis/statistics is required. Professional certification in project management and membership of a professional body is desirable.
At least 9-12 years working experience, at least 4 of these in a senior position in M&E or related field, preferably related to capacity building in issues of peace and security. Considerable working experience in an international organization or internationally recognized organization is required.
- A practical, logical and systematic approach to work
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Versatile in M and E processes and systems
- Project management skills
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Confident, honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work without or with little supervision.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think on one’s feet
- Fluency in French will be a sure advantage
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their cover letter and CV together with 3 references by e-mail to email@example.com not later than 04th January, 2021. Please indicate the job title clearly in the cover letter; otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and work experience. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer.