KAIPTC INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION TO THE FOLLOWING MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2018/2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
MASTER OF ARTS IN CONFLICT, PEACE AND SECURITY – EXECUTIVE WEEKEND (EMCPS)
MASTER OF ARTS IN CONFLICT, PEACE AND SECURITY – REGULAR WEEKEND (WMCPS)
Objectives of Programmes
The overall objective of the Master’s Programmes is to equip participants with effective tools for analytical thinking, good judgment, leadership and other critical managerial skills in Conflict, Peace and Security.
Specific objectives are to:
- Ensure participants achieve the highest professional standards in conflict prevention, resolution, security management and peace brokering.
- Equip graduates with specialized knowledge and skills to play a meaningful role in management and provide professional leadership in Peace Support Operations, Regional Organizations, Peace Councils, Civil Society Organizations as well as Non Governmental Organizations.
- Meet the demands and aspirations for continuing education of employees serving in public and private sector organizations involved in conflict, peace and security issues.
- Prepare interested individuals for a career in Peace and Security.
Courses Offered include:
- Theories and Analysis of Conflict, Peace and Security
- Research Methods in Conflict, Peace and Security
- Governance and Leadership in Africa
- Good Governance and Democratic Practice in Africa
- International Law, Human Rights and Conflicts
- National Security Framework
- Contemporary and Emerging Security Issues – (Seminar Series)
- International Relations
- Security Sector and Multi-Dimensional Peace Support Operations
- Post-Conflict Reconstruction and Development
- Gender War and Conflicts in Africa
The Master’s Programmes are opened to participants in Africa and beyond. Individuals from the following groups/organizations are encouraged to apply:
- Security and Intelligence Agencies.
- International and Regional Organizations (e.g. UN, AU, SADC, ECOWAS).
- Civil Society Groups.
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
- Public Servants
- Members of the Legislature/ Parliament/Judiciary.
- Future Political Leaders
Programme Specific Details
- MASTER OF ARTS IN CONFLICT, PEACE AND SECURITY – EXECUTIVE WEEKEND (EMCPS)
Applicants to the Executive Master of Arts in Conflict, Peace and Security (EMCPS) must be Senior Executives and Practitioners in the field of Peace and Security.
Organization of Programme
The Programme will be organized on weekends (Fridays 3pm – 8pm; and Saturdays 9am – 3pm) from October 2018 to September 2019. Classes will be held on alternate weekends. There will be no classes on Public Holidays.
- MASTER OF ARTS IN CONFLICT, PEACE AND SECURITY – REGULAR WEEKEND (WMCPS)
Applicants to the Weekend Master of Arts in Conflict, Peace and Security (WMCPS) can be of any background and do not necessarily have to be Senior Executives or have a background in the field of Peace and Security.
Organization of Programme
The Programme will be organized on weekends (Fridays 4pm – 7pm; and Saturdays 9am –4pm) from October 2018 to September 2019. Classes will be held every weekend. There will be no classes on Public Holidays.
Admission to the Master’s Programmes requires a good Bachelor’s Degree (second class lower or better). Basic understanding and comprehension of English is required.
How to Apply
Click here to download the Application Forms.
For other details about the course, contact the Registry on these mobile numbers +233 (0) 501209332, +233 (0) 244847394, +233 (0) 206752054 or e-mail: Fuseini.email@example.com; l Margaret.Sosuh@kaiptc.org l Philip.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 20th August 2018.