Admissions of Candidates
Masters of Arts Degree in Conflict, Peace and Security – Regular Weekend (WMCPS)
Admission of candidates into the Master of Arts in Conflict, Peace and Security Weekend (WMCPS) programme opens in june every year.
The overall objective of the course is to equip participants with effective tools for analytical thinking, good judgment, leadership and other critical managerial skills in Conflict, Peace and Security.
The Specific Objectives are to:
- Ensure participants achieve the highest professional standards in Conflict Prevention, Resolution, Security Management and Peace Brokering.
- Equip graduates with specialized knowledge and skills to play a meaningful role in management and provide professional leadership in Peace Support Operations, Regional Organizations, Peace Councils, Civil Society Organizations as well as Non Governmental Organizations.
- Meet the demands and aspirations for continuing education of employees serving in public and private sector organizations involved in conflict, peace and security issues.
- Prepare interested individuals for a career in Peace and Security.
Target group :
- Security and Intelligence Agencies
- International and Regional Organizations (e.g. United Nations, African Union, Economic Community of West African States, Southern African Development Community)
- Civil Society Groups in Africa
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Civil/Public Servants
- Members of the Legislature/Parliament/Judiciary
- Individuals with an interest in Peace and Security Studies
The course will be organized on weekends (Fridays 3pm – 9pm) and (Saturdays (9am –3pm). There will be no classes on Public Holidays.