Integrated Civilian-Military Co-ordination (ICIMIC)
Peace Support Operations
Course Fee: $500.00 (Non-refundable commitment fee)
Terms and Conditions:
- The course will be conducted ONLY in English
- Maximum intake on the course is 30 participants
- KAIPTC shall be responsible for participants travel (within Africa) accommodation and feeding during the duration of the course.
- Participants who will require visa on arrival will also be responsible for their visa fees.
- Every participant must have proof of adequate health insurance coverage before travelling to the Centre. KAIPTC will not bear any health or accident costs for any participant.
The aim of the course is to train peacekeepers and civil society actors in civil–military coordination and cooperation concepts and principles. This is to improve civil-military relations with humanitarian and development actors, as well as local communities, by enhancing the knowledge, skills and attitudes of participants for effective performance of CIMIC functions in an integrated peace operations environment.
The principal target audience for the ICIMIC Course 2018 will be predominantly military, police, civilian mission staff and civil society actors of the rank of Captain to Colonel and Police/Civilian equivalent. Selection will strive to achieve gender balance of participants as much as possible. Prospective female participants are encouraged to apply for the course.
- Peacekeeping Operations Environment
- International Conflict Management Response
- Peacekeeping principles and Component roles
- Integrated Mission Support
- Humanitarian principles
- Use of Military Escorts
- Human Rights
- Mission Support
- ICIMIC Concepts
- Negotiation/ Mediation
- Women/Gender/SGBV and SEA
How to Apply
Only fully completed applications that are submitted via the application portal will be considered.
Please click here to apply
Contact at KAIPTC
Tel: +233 (0)302 718 200
Fax: +233 (0)302 718 201
T: +233 (0)302 718 200