Conflict Analysis and Mediation Course
Peace and Security Studies
Course Fee: $500.00 (Non-refundable commitment fee)
Terms and Conditions:
- The course will be conducted ONLY in English.
- The course is residential and course participants will be accommodated at KAIPTC.
- Participants who will require visa on arrival will also be responsible for their visa fees.
- KAIPTC shall be responsible for participants travel (within Africa) accommodation and feeding during the duration of the course.
- All participants will have to show proof of adequate health insurance coverage prior to the commencement of the course. KAIPTC will not bear any costs caused by illness or accident.
- No-shows or cancellation of confirmed participants: resulting costs are to be borne by the participant.
The Conflict Analysis and Mediation Course has been designed with the aim of strengthening the critical, analytical and practical conflict analysis, mediation and negotiation skills, including the development of multi-level, locally relevant and tailor made approaches to conflict resolution. In order for it to be relevant to professional conflict resolution participants, the course aims at enabling the sharing of experiences and lessons learned in multi-track mediation and peace processes.
The course is open to individuals and organizations whose members/staff find themselves undertaking/supporting mediation efforts. Among the organizations targeted for participation in the course are: UN Missions in Africa, African Union, ECOWAS and other Regional Economic Communities (RECs) such as Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS) and the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD). Practitioners in mediation related jobs are also encouraged to apply.
Female participants are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Conflict and Conflict Analysis – Theories, Stages Strategies;
- Introduction to Negotiation and Mediation;
- Gender, Women and Vulnerable Groups in Mediation;
- Diplomatic Considerations in Mediation;
- Cultural considerations in Mediation;
- AU/ECOWAS Approach to Mediation.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to kindly fill and submit an online application form
Access the application form using the link.
Contact at KAIPTC
Tel: 233 302 718 200 Ext.1012
Assistant Course Director
Tel.: 00 233 (0) 302 718200 Ext. 1034