Job Title: Assistant Registrar (Academics)
Department: Faculty of Academic Affairs and Research (FAAR)
Reports to: Dean of Academic Affairs
Supervise: Administrative Assistant
To assist in the effective management of academic programs, processes, and services that delivers optimal supports to students and faculty, and to assist the Dean in the design and implementation of academic program and activities, including student admission, registration, class and examination scheduling, student awards, curriculum review, academic calendar publication, graduation and record management.
- Develop annual academic calendar for the Academic Affairs Unit;
- Assist in the review of academic and administrative policies and, when required, drafts new policies for consideration by the relevant committees;
- Prepare relevant monthly, quarterly and annual reports and institutional and programme accreditation for approval by the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC), or the National Accreditation Board;
- Assists in ensuring compliance with academic, regulatory, and accreditation policies and requirements;
- Serve as the official authorized keeper of student records in the absence of a substantive Registrar, and ensure relevant academic records are properly organized and kept;
- Lead on processes relating to student registration, orientation/matriculation and graduation functions;
- Compile all relevant information, including class schedules and graduation requirements, for publication and cataloging;
- Analyzes statistical data on registration and other records, to provide needed information for policy formulation;
- Monitor compliance with academic rules and regulations by both students and faculty;
- Serve as secretary to the Academic Board in the absence of the substantive Registrar;
- Provides necessary information for financial and budgetary decisions;
- Ensure that all payments due the Centre, faculty and staff are duly and appropriately effected;
- Provide necessary logistical and administrative support (to students and faculty) for smooth running of the academic affairs; and
- Perform any other task within the scope and content of the job as may be assigned by the Director, the Dean, or Registrar.
Educational/ Work Experience
- Master’s degree in the Social Sciences, Business Administration, student services, educational administration or a related area is required; and
- Must have served in a similar capacity or role in an accredited college or university for at least 5 years.
- Foster teamwork through co-operative efforts and support for shared success;
- Initiative oriented;
- Focuses on results and responds positively to feedback;
- Demonstrates positive and constructive attitude to work; and
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and creatively and to apply effective problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of record keeping and management;
- Effective administrative and organizational skills;
- Demonstrates effective understanding of the application of technology to manage records and registration services; and
- IT proficient.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with functional teams;
- effective oral and written communication skills;
- Intercultural competency and sensitivity to diversity;
- Flexible attitude towards dynamic work schedules
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision; and
- Morally dependable with sound work ethics.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CV together with 3 references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 11 July, 2022.
Please indicate the job tile clearly in the cover letter; otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed based on their qualifications and relevant work experience. Only short-listed candidate will be invited for an interview.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer.