Job Title : Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M and E) Officer
Department : PPMED
Reports to : Head of M&E
The Senior M&E Officer coordinates together with the Head in the overall M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within KAIPTC, plus providing timely and relevant performance information to KAIPTC stakeholders
1. Manage the development and update of the center-wide M&E framework and workplan to track achievement of outcomes
2. Support the inclusion of department programmes into a center-wide strategy and agenda for prioritized research and training curriculum development
3. Manage the KAIPTC’s Web based monitoring (WebMo) database and provide support (training, mentoring) to departments to incorporate departmental M&E data into the system.
4. Update the manual for the Centre’s Web based monitoring database and assist staff in the usage of the system.
5. Support departments with data collection, analysis and management of relevant information, including development and analysis of survey responses in Survey Monkey
6. Prepare M&E reports and coordinate the dissemination of these reports to stakeholders
7. Assist departments in collecting and analysing results internally/externally (Field monitoring visits)
8. Support the conduct of field research to assess the outcome and impact of KAIPTC trainings on peace and security in Africa.
9. Coordinate capacity building for M&E focal persons and staff relating to M&E principles and best practices and Results Based Management.
10. Support the development of project proposals and ensure that the causal logic clearly captures the objectives, indicators and expected outcomes of projects and programs.
11. Work closely with the M&E Focal persons in the various departments towards achieving the objectives of the Unit.
12. Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor within scope and content of the job
Educational Qualification / Work Experience
The ideal candidate must possess
A Master’s degree in the fields of social science, development, administration or other related fields, as well as applied training in quantitative analysis/statistics is required. A working knowledge of Survey Monkey is required. Professional certification in project management and membership of a professional body is desirable.
At least 7 years working experience, with 3 years of these in an M&E related field, preferably related to capacity building in issues of peace and security.
§ Versatile in M and E processes and systems
§ Project management skills
§ Quantitative and qualitative research skills
§ Excellent IT skills
§ Excellent writing and presentation skills
§ Strong leadership and teamwork skills
§ Confident, honest and trustworthy
§ Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
§ Ability to work without or with little supervision.
§ Good communication and interpersonal skills.
§ Ability to think on feet
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CV together with 3 references and a professional work portfolio by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 9 August, 2022.
Please indicate the job title clearly in the cover letter; otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed based on their qualifications and relevant work experience. Female applicants are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidate will be invited for an interview.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer