Post Title : Internal Audit Officer
Department : Office of the Commandant
Reports to : Head of Internal Audit
To assist the Head of Internal Audit to undertake the requisite internal audit work with the view to achieving the Corporate Governance Service of the Centre.
- Regular review of cashbook to ensure that payments & receipts have been captured accurately into the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System and any differences investigated and reported to the Head of Internal Audit.
- Audit of Staff Travel cost to ensure that proper authorization and approval are obtained for all travels and advances are retired within stipulated period.
- Evaluate Internal Controls & Risks management processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Undertake monthly Pre and Post audit of monthly payroll and statutory payments.
- Audit of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Regular audit of Couse bills to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Undertake routine audit of stores to ascertain the efficient operation of the stores accounting system and records maintained.
- Regular audit of Donor/Partners funds and financial reports
- Undertake regular audit of the financial reports of the Academic Programmes to ensure prompt payment of fees and accuracy of records maintained.
- Carry out audit of selected Units as assigned by the Head of Audit
- Liaise with other KAIPTC departments as necessary in the performance of described duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her superiors.
- Produce audit reports on audit assignments undertaken.
- Perform any other duty within the scope and intent of the job as assigned by the Head of Audit
A university degree in Business Administration/Accounting or at least part two of ICA (Gh), ACCA or CIMA. Minimum 5 years working experience with fluency in spoken and written English language.
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Must be conversant with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software
- Report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, trustworthy and a team player
Interested KAIPTC staff are kindly requested to send their CV together with 3 references and a professional work portfolio by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25 January, 2022.
Please indicate the job tile clearly in the cover letter; otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and relevant work experience. Only short-listed candidate will be invited for an interview.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer.