Job Title: Head of Information Communication Technology (ICT)
Reports to: Director of Administration
Supervises: All staff in the ICT Unit
The overall objective of the positon is to drive both the ICT strategy and the day to day operational ICT services, ensuring that KAIPTC’s staff and clients have suitable technical resources, applications and support to achieve their objectives (on site and remotely) effectively, securely, and with a competitive and innovative edge. The jobholder will be required to deliver a robust and reliable ICT infrastructure for KAIPTC, ensuring a technical platform which will enable KAIPTC to consistently achieve its business objectives.
The duties of the job holder shall include but not limited to:
1. Oversee and be directly accountable for the reliability of the entire KAIPTC ICT infrastructure;
2. Manage the day-to-day tactical network, security systems and operations for LAN/WAN, telecommunications, and voice systems;
3. Ensure proper functioning of the Centre’s enterprise systems;
4. Develop and maintain an ICT services management framework;
5. Develop and communicate a performance measurement and monitoring framework;
6. Assist in the procurement of information systems, equipment and services;
7. Develop/update IT-security guidance plan and ensure responsible user management of IT-security and its related policies;
8. Evaluate user needs and ensure that ICT facilities meet these needs by the provision of timely and consistent information technology support such as email services, print services, internet services, anti-virus, upgrades etc. for all users;
9. Provide technical analysis of ICT systems functionality and present periodic reports to management; and provide hands on interventions;
10. Manage the delivery of information systems and technology related projects, as required, including the supervision and certification of the work of external contractors and consultants;
11. Establish a tested ICT disaster recovery facility by ensuring that the back-up system of KAIPTC network operates effectively;
12. Manage all risks associated with KAIPTC’s technical infrastructure and information systems and ensure conformance to software licensing requirements and computer and network security;
13. Maintain current knowledge of new hardware and software and recommend upgrading to maintain efficient operation;
14. Supervise all ICT staff;
15. Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor within the scope and content of job.
• At least a masters degree or its equivalent in computer science, information technology or a related discipline.
• Certified LINUX/UNIX/IRIX Administrator
• Professional certifications such as (VCP6-DCV, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCITP, CISSP, VCP, ITIL, and ISACA CGEIT) will be an advantage.
• A minimum of 12-15 years’ relevant work experience; at least 3-5 of these should have been at the managerial level.
• Experience in Open Source platforms such as Moodle is a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Operating Systems and products.
• Proficient in Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V) and web management.
• Experience with Local/Wide Area Networks and Web Development including network administration, management of software and hardware platforms, telecommunications facilities, and an extensive exposure to windows-based packages and applications
• Strong strategic and analytical capacity, with the ability to identify wide-range issues and their application in ICT systems
• Effective planning and organisation skills for large and complex projects
• Ability to manage a team to deliver on set objectives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Expert troubleshooting Leadership
• Values integrity and accountability
• Sound knowledge and understanding of approaches to the management and delivery of ICT services across a dispersed network.
• Must be capable of operating active directory, user management and group policies.
• Strong technical skills and ability to be ‘hands on’ when necessary.
• Able to understand the needs of service users and clients, to communicate technical issues to them appropriately and to develop solutions relevant to the business requirements of clients.
• Strong technical documentation skills preferred.
• Willing to work outside normal working hours when unavoidable circumstances so dictate.
• Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to encourage teamwork and strive for excellence.
• Passion for applying technology to solve problems.
• Team oriented and helpful under pressure.
• Values consistency and a strong attention to detail.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CV together with 3 references and a professional work portfolio by e-mail to email@example.com not later than 25 January, 2022. Please indicate the job title clearly in the cover letter; otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and relevant work experience. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer