Job Title: Assistant Librarian
Department: Office of the Commandant (OOC)
Reports To: Head Librarian
To assist in the management of the library at the Centre to provide a state of the art services to faculty, students and staff.
- Assist to implement library and information policies and procedures.
- Assist in managing convenient, accessible library and information services.
- Prepare routine reports related to library and information services, technology, resources and activities.
- Update both printed and electronic information resources.
- Catalogue books and other information resources.
- Assist in the collection of books, periodical and journals.
- Ensure efficient retrieval by users.
- Maintain a friendly and inviting learning environment and promote the enjoyment of reading.
- Provide instruction to users on search strategies.
- Locate materials and answers questions of users.
- Assist in the development of long range/strategic library goals and applications.
- Perform related duties as required by librarian.
A Master’s degree in Library Science, Library and Information Science or information studies from an accredited institution. Professional certification is desirable. At least 5 years working experience in an academic or university library. Membership of Ghana Library Association (GLA) is desirable. Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Library policies, procedures, methods,
- Ethics and professional standards
- A variety of information database systems
- T. including the ability to operate a computerized library
- Knowledge of the organization and structure of the library
- Knowledge in KOHA Library Management system
- Cataloguing and classification of library resources.
- MARC 21
- Project Management
- Research methodology
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, presentation, and communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CV together with 3 references and a professional work portfolio by e-mail to email@example.com not later than 9 August, 2022.
Please indicate the job tile clearly in the cover letter; otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed based on their qualifications and relevant work experience. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer.