KOFI ANNAN INTERNATIONAL PEACEKEEPING TRAINING CENTRE
Head of Design and Production Unit (DPU)
Policy, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Department (PPMED)
|All DPU Staff
Directly responsible for managing all KAIPTC’s creative processes from conceptualization to delivery. Work collaboratively and in conjunction with the various departments of the Centre, specifically the Corporate Affairs Unit to produce quality visuals and communicative materials in accordance with KAIPTC corporate image as per policies, standards and brand guidelines of the Centre, to enhance market visibility of the Centre’s products and services.
- Lead in the designing of all the Centre’s communication and marketing materials such as research publications, training and education materials, brochures, leaflets, reports, web graphics and many other forms of visual communication.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues across different departments to ensure the provision of all design and production needs across board; working closely with the Corporate Affairs Unit in particular to project a strong, positive and consistent image of the KAIPTC corporate brand.
- Leverage creative and marketing knowledge to develop marketing and communication products for specific departments and the Centre as a whole.
- Supervise, and orient the team to maximize creativity and excellence in performance, time management and delivery; and to ensure progression and improvement.
- Create and maintain database/archive of all creative assets and resources, such as software, design templates, photos, previous work products and special fonts, for record keeping and referencing.
- Evaluate and manage production resources to enhance high productivity and allocations; and be responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the team.
- Ensure all the organization’s marketing and communication collaterals (materials and products) are consistent with the overall brand identity guideline.
- Work with a range of media and keep up to date with new and emerging technologies and design software.
- Perform all other tasks assigned by management within the scope and content of the job.
Educational qualification/ work experience
The ideal candidate must possess
At least a master’s degree in visual communication, fine arts, i.e. graphic design or a related field is required. A candidate with a master’s degree and fine art as a first degree will be considered.
At least 8-10 years working/applicable experience in graphic designing, advertising and brand development is generally required, 5 of which should be in a senior position in graphic design or related field.
Demonstrable creativity, originality and graphic designing experience with a strong professional portfolio to be made available for presentation.
- Technical Competencies
- Highly proficient in all design aspects with extensive working knowledge of relevant creative tools such as Adobe Creative Suite particularly, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and other design software programs.
- Exceptional creativity skills and strong understanding of creative processes, marketing, graphic design, corporate branding, digital media and colour theory.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and confident presentation skills.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Excellent ICT skills and good knowledge of other software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, and Excel).
- Good understanding of printing, publishing and production procedures/processes.
- Keen awareness of current industry trends and technologies.
- Good information finding skills.
- Supervisory and Personal Competencies
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas to clients.
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective planning, prioritization, organizational and adaptability skills.
- Excellent leadership/management and decision-making skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities.
- Strong team management and mentoring skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their cover letter and CV together with 3 references by e-mail to email@example.com not later than 11th January, 2021. Please indicate the job title clearly in the cover letter; otherwise your application may not be considered. Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and work experience. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer.