Specialised Course on Countering Terrorism in Africa
Peace and Security Studies
Course Fee: This course is fully funded.
This course targets a broad range of personnel from the ECOWAS and African Standby Forces, relevant government agencies, law enforcement and civil society organizations. It aims at bridging the capacity gap and improving the readiness of member states operational level key personnel in the military, gendarmerie, police and civil society agencies.
- Theories and concepts in Terrorism
- Overview of Terrorism in Africa
- International Legal and Human Rights frameworks in Terrorism
- National and stakeholders response to Terrorism in Africa
- Transnational Organised Crimes
- Role of Media in Counter Terrorism
- Introduction to Explosives and Weapons of mass Destruction
- Information Management in Countering Terrorism
- Introduction to Counterinsurgency Operations in West Africa
Personnel in the African Standby Force, Relevant Government Agencies, Law enforcement (security) agencies (Police, Military, Gendarmerie) and Civil Society organisations/Non – governmental Organisations. Applicants should be approved by the Approving Authority from their institutions who must authenticate them.