Responsibilty to Protect Course
Peace and Security Studies
Course Fee: $500.00 (Non- refundable commitment fee)
Terms and Conditions:
Participants who will require visa on arrival will also be responsible for their visa fees. KAIPTC shall be responsible for participant’s travel (within Africa, accommodation and feeding during the duration of the course.
This course aims at training African Policymakers, Government officials, Military, Police and Civil Society personnel about R2P and its implementation.
Read full details about the course
- The Foundations and evolution of R2P
- Normative and legal Foundations; R2P and Africa: national, transnational, regional and continental arrangements and practice
- R2P, Prevention and Early Warning- Risks and vulnerabilities
- Post-conflict rebuilding and reconciliation
- Peace vs. Justice (ICC and special courts)
- The role of the media; R2P, Protection of Civilians and Military/Security Sector
- R2P – Issues, Controversies and Challenges (case study)
- Crosscutting Issues: Accountability, Gender and R2P
- R2P Simulation
- Policy makers of governments in Africa in Security;
- Military, Police and Civilian peacekeepers;
- Non-Governmental Organisations;
- Representatives from the Regional (AU) or Sub-Regional Economic Communities (RECs);
- Representatives from the National Peace Councils;
- Civil Society Organisations;
- Officials of the Ministries of Interior, Foreign Affairs and Justice.