Information Management for Peace Operations (IMPO) Course
Peace Support Operations
Course Fee: The course is sponsored
Terms and Conditions:
- Cost of travel, accommodation and feeding for participants will be covered by the KAIPTC. (sponsored by Swiss Government)
- The course will be delivered in ONLY English
- Course Fee: All expenses for the course participants are covered by the Centre as the course is sponsored by the Swiss Government (airfare, feeding, accommodation and tuition will be provided at the Centre for the duration of the programme). Participants are, however, required to show proof of having health insurance cover for the training period
- The course is conducted in English; there will be no translation in other languages.
- The course is residential and course participants will be accommodated at KAIPTC.
- The following costs will be covered by the Government of Switzerland: facilitation fees, air travel from international airport, visa costs, food and accommodation.
- All nominated participants will have to show proof of adequate health insurance coverage prior to the commencement of the course. KAIPTC or the Swiss Confederation will not bear any costs caused by illness or accident.
- No-shows or cancellation of confirmed participants: resulting costs are to be borne by the participant.
The aim of the course is to promote greater situational awareness through appropriate information management methodologies in a multi-stakeholder environment in order to improve the quality of information provided to key decision makers in crisis operations, in order to enhance the effectiveness of those personnel engaged in future operations.
The principal target audience for this IMPO course will be predominantly middle-level, AU and ECOWAS staff, personnel from Governments, UN, aid agencies, NGOs, military and police with some basic Intel-background, to understand each other’s operational role better, and thus improve cooperation in collecting, assessing and preparing information for better management and decision making at operational levels of an international multi-stakeholder peacekeeping and peace building operation. Selection will strive to achieve gender balance of participants as much as possible; and nominating participants who are / will be serving in current West African UN Missions.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to kindly fill and submit an online application form
Access the application form using the link
Contact at KAIPTC:
Mrs Marylyn Agblor
Training Coordination Officer
Tel. 00 233 (0) 302 718200 Ext. 1012
Fax. 00 233 (0) 302 718201
Col Paul Tanye – Kulono
Tel.: 00 233 (0) 302 718200 Ext. 1140