Foundation Course on Small Arms and Light Weapons Control
Course Fee: This course is fully funded.
This course targets ECOWAS Commission and the 15 constituent member states and their partners. It aims at developing their human resource capacities towards the implementation of ECOWAS Conventions (2006) on Small Arms and Light Weapons, their Ammunition and other Related Materials.
- The Nature of the African State and its implication for SALW control
- Legal and Political Frameworks for SALW Control
- Arms Control initiatives and Measures
- Project Management, and Resource Mobilisation
- Interagency cooperation and communicating with different audiences
- Mid-career personnel in West Africa, police, military, gendarmerie, customs and civil society activists involved in SALW control initiatives