The Strategic Objectives of the Centre are to:
- Enhance the capacity of ECOWAS, African Union (AU), United Nations (UN) and other relevant actors in multi-dimensional peacekeeping and peace-building (integrated PSO) through training.
- Deepen understanding of, and discourse on, critical peace and security issues in Africa through research and policy engagements.
- Contribute to knowledge creation that informs best practice in conflict prevention, management and resolution in Africa.
- Ensure an efficient, effective and responsive governance and management system in the Centre.
The Strategic Priorities of the Centre are to:
- Focus on the core mandate of training in peacekeeping and PSO.
- Ensure sustainability of academic programmes.
- Strengthen collaboration with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Think Tanks and the Private Sector.
- Ensure financial sustainability of the Centre
- Ensure a decentralised results-based management.